Disabled Access Statement
- Located 1 mile from Bath Spa station and a mile from the shopping centre
- Mainly level pavement and street lighting to city centre
- Entrance is at the front of the house. Access is from the Upper Bristol Road through a wrought iron gate with a latch. There is one step at the gate, then a slight incline for 4 feet, followed by 3 stone steps. After 15 feet the front door is reached where there is one very shallow slate step, followed by a standard doorstep. All external step edges are highlighted in white.
- Ground floor has level access to the stairway and into the dining room
- There is a white banister along each part of the stairways and its colour is clearly differentiated from that of the wall
Access to First Floor:
- 11 steps up to half landing, then a further 3 to the first floor landing.
Access to Second Floor:
- There are another 8 steps to the second half landing, followed by another three steps on the turn and a further 4 to the top floor landing
- Each bedroom has an ensuite shower room with a step of about 9 inches in height
- Corridors and bedrooms are well lit and all plug sockets are in a contrasting colour to the walls of the rooms and the stairways
- All rooms and public areas are carpeted throughout
- A tarmacadam driveway to the right of the house leads to a public car park with a slight gradient. This is reached by taking a slightly inclining footpath
- We are happy to call taxis for guests at all reasonable times